I took this meme from
, who did it two years ago.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Quite a few things actually. I've started teaching at a college, but even more exciting, I finally started with life action role play.
And there's one thing to come still...
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I do not really do them, just vaguely. So: hard to say. But I think, I'm on a good way.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hm, three close neighbours of mine.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, a very dear aunt of mine died of cancer, beginning of last year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Oh my! Just realizing I haven't been outside of my country for one whole year!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Little more structure (which I need to be giving myself).
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
4 of May. A wonderful lovely birthday-party of mine.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The job! Getting it. And performing it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
As far as I can tell now, there was not one “biggest”, but quite a couple of smaller ones, which I shall not indulge in now.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
There was a hordeolum, which had to be operated – a tiny but not pleasant operation around the eye...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hm, I'm not thinking very hard now, but what comes up to my mind right away is the wig I bought for roleplaying as well as for the Jack Harkness cosplay
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Household, practically all of it. And school and kindergarden fees for the kids.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The big LARP in September I went to for three days!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Brass Goggles by Steam Powered Giraffe
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter, yeah, well
iii. richer or poorer?
Not richer as such, but I earned more.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Organize myself better, to also enjoy some real “spare time”
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Facebook for sure and Internet...
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's done. Family, very nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Quite a few people I guess. I still love them!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope, I do not hate people, really.
25. What was the best book you read?
There was one, actually, and I forgot the name. So it maybe wasn't that good, after all? (I must confess, I totally avoid reading, since I get so caught up in a story, that I'm just away, until I've finished it...)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
The larp experience. And the wig. And the job.
28. What did you want and not get?
Hm... like, loads of money...?
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 36 and had a wonderful party with many friends and family and bonfire and royal Scottish country dancing.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
There are things, that would have made it easier, but all in all satisfaction is there!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Slightly less casual for daily life and business-style for work.
33. What kept you sane?
Writing, my dear ones and some wonderful friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hm, I tend to flip a bit about some Dr Who actors – and there I'm not going to single one out.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nelson Mandelas death – if you call it political, which I do.
36. Who did you miss?
I miss my ant! Even though I didn't use to see her very often, since she lived in another country. But it does hurt, to know, she's not there any more!
37. Who was/were the best new person(s) you met?
A bunch of wonderful, inspiring awesome people I met during roleplaying.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
Stick to your wishes and just allow them to come true.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Ah sorry, no. I would need to make up my own lyrics, which I'll eventually do, but not now.
Feel free to do this meme too.